Monday, November 30, 2009

Entering the last month of 2009!

I know I have been MIA for a few weeks but like the rest of us, the holiday season leaves me quite busy! Thanksgiving was great, but different. I think it will always be different. We celebrated with my Granny on Wednesday and made it a point to make sure we all sat around the table together instead of sitting in the living room or various parts of the house. We hadn't sat together since before Papa entered the nursing home. I thought the tradition should continue because even though he isn't physically with us, I know in my heart he was celebrating in his presence with us the whole day. We didn't have a Thanksgiving with my Grandpa, he is stil having a hard time with my Grandma being gone. BUT, we did have a Thanksgiving with Jeff's family. It was a little different this year since it was at his uncle's home in Denton instead of at his Grandma's house. We also celebrated my birthday early. I got a new Scentsy since my old one that was in the living room was sadly shattered by my obnoxious cats being bad! It's ok, I lovvvve my new one.


I decorated the inside of the house for Christmas and put my tree up! I absolutely love this time of year. There is nothing like putting up Christmas decorations, a blazing fire in the fireplace and Christmas music playing in the background. The outside decorations would have been put up as well, but mother nature decided to have other plans. Rain.
Work is going well. Repetitive, but well. This is the last day of November 2009, and that blows my mind. However, it is 17 days til my birthday! I'm getting old...24, wow. I remember when I a pre-teen and thought I'd never make it to 24 because it sounded so far away, and now...here I am, well, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment